Hardware Bar hailing from 10th Avenue in Hell’s Kitchen is a staple on the gay bar scene. Originally a hardware store, Hardware Bar now flaunts a large dance floor with a DJ and a stage with nightly live performances including drag shows. The front area by the bar provides ample cruising opportunities.
The bar is great for the after-work crowd with happy hour specials daily. Cheap weekend drinks ($4 Frozen margaritas!) make Hardware Bar a stop on the weekend bar hop.
Rise Bar is a chic newer bar in the Hell’s Kitchen gay scene. Perfectly located for the after work crowd, Rise Bar is packed most nights with 2-4-1 happy hours and other specials. The gay bar hosts drag shows, dance nights, and special viewing events like watching RuPaul’s Drag Race, the Grammys, the Emmys or even the Eurovision song contest.
Rise Bar brings in a diverse crowd of guys and the occasional girls mixed in. The place has a non-pretentious vibe and is very welcoming to all flavors of gays.
Hosting First Every Gay Charter European Bike & Barge
On our three country journey, France, Luxembourg and Germany, we trace the path of the Moselle River as it meanders along icon water front castles, half-timbered fairytale villages, old Roman outposts, and routes connecting some of the world’s most celebrated vineyards.
Our journey together starts in Metz, one of the last Roman city’s to fall to Atilla the Hun and ancestral home of the Merovingian Dynasty. Metz has great architecture from the centuries and a Gothic cathedral that took 300 years to build. Meeting up in the afternoon, welcome board reception kicks-off this bucket list adventure.
- O&A 10th Anniversary Celebration Trip (lots of surprises in store)
- 7 nights aboard a private deluxe canal barge
- 2 bike guides/support on all rides
- Bikes, helmets and panniers included (electric bikes available)
- 2 dinner options nightly while onboard, 3 and 4 course dinners
- Welcome reception
- 2 onboard hosts
- Deluxe packed lunches for bike trips
- Bus transfer for Trail to Rail Maare-Mosel
- 1 glass of wine complimentary with all dinners aboard the barge (or soft drink)
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Easy daily biking with options to increase mileage or climb some hills
- Bikes – sporty hybrids that ride like a city bikes with 11 gears
Pics & Video
Atlas Social Club is a Hell’s Kitchen staple located right on the Ninth Avenue gay drag. The walls are decked out with vintage boxing décor and memorabilia and lends Atlas Social Club a homoerotic whiff from another era. The bartender is super sexy and unpretentious and can be found mixing drinks and making eyes with his seductive smile—did we mention he’s usually shirtless? The front wall of Atlas Social Club opens up to the street making it a great after-work spot for weekdays and a great afternoon place for weekends.
Barracuda is a gay bar and lounge in Chelsea. The front bar has a nice gay cruising area. The back room at Barracuda hosts a lounge with a DJ booth and a stage for drag performances. This is a Chelsea gay classic and a great pick up bar with friendly and sexy bartenders.